Our Vision and Mission:
A society with equitable health and social care systems and services for Black and Minority Ethnic, disadvantaged and other marginalised communities, to reduce inequalities and improve health and well-being.
Our core values, principles and ethos are the way in which we relate to each other as an organisation as well as how we communicate and interact with our communities, other providers and commissioners across all sectors. Our ethos is based on the following principles:
• Respect for individual and community diversity and the acknowledgement and celebration of difference as a positive within all communities.
• Commitment to continual development, improvement in services and initiatives developed and offered by BHA, quality assurance and effective use of resources within the organisation.
• Partnership and collaborative working for the benefit of communities.
• Equity of provision and access to all our services by all sectors of the diverse communities we work with.
• To be a learning organisation and provide an environment where risk is managed effectively and staff are enabled to be part of the learning process.
• Personal and professional development opportunities for staff, volunteers and board members.
• Commitment to evaluating our work and its impact on all our stakeholders including service users.