We deliver a number of activities within African communities to raise awareness of Sexual Health & HIV transmission, encourage early testing, reduce the number of new infections and challenge stigma and prejudice. Activities include training, workshops and information sessions; 121 information and advice, talks, positive speaking and condom distribution.
How we can work with you and your community
- – Deliver information sessions to community groups and teams.
- – Deliver 1-2-1 advice sessions.
- – Challenge myths and stigma relating to HIV and help African communities realize and acknowledge their risk of HIV through community initiatives.
- – Deliver information sessions to professionals working across health and support sectors in Leeds.
- – Promote access to free condoms, lubricant and other resources for African communities and people living with HIV in Leeds.
- – Empower African communities by sign-posting to appropriate and relevant health services available in Leeds.
Empowering African men and women with the relevant knowledge and skills to protect themselves from HIV/AIDS. We work with African community groups, individuals and other organisations to deliver key messages aimed at preventing HIV/STIs These include:
- – Basic information on HIV and AIDS
- – HIV acquisition & transmission
- – Busting myths around HIV
- – HIV testing and treatment
- – Correct & consistent condom use
- – Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- – Pre Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- – HIV stigma
- – Confidentiality
- – HIV disclosure and support
We share information at events and activities such as football tournaments and community group meetings, as well as delivering workshops to any group interested in finding out more about how to protect themselves and their loved ones.