We have 2 full time (35 hours per week) Community Engagement and Development Worker posts available, which are fixed term until June 2024.
Salary: NJC SCP 12 – £22,571 – SCP 22 £27,514 per annum
Positions based: Manchester based but working across Greater Manchester.
BHA is a leading health and social care charity that works to challenge health inequalities and delivers a range of services to support individuals, families & communities to improve their health & well-being.
Our sexual health team, work across Greater Manchester to support Black, and Minority Ethnic communities improve their sexual health through information and advice, training, testing and screening, empowerment and support.
We have big goals within our sexual health team as we aim, along with our partners, to end all new cases of HIV by 2030.
Will you join us in this ambition?
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of the Greater Manchester Sexual Health Improvement Programme (PaSH) for African and other most at-risk communities
You will need:
– Experience of working with Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, marginalised or disadvantaged communities.
– Experience in providing information and advice, and awareness raising activities within communities.
– Experience in adapting engagement activities for diverse groups of people and in particular, in relation to their culture, gender, sexuality and language.
– Experience in engaging and motivating individuals and groups to support behavioural change.
– Experience in developing and managing relationships with a wider range of stakeholders including service users, community assets, influencers, commissioners and sector partners.
Benefits of working with BHA:
– 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays pro rata
– Employee Assistant programme (includes income protection)
– Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
– Cycle to work scheme
– Enhanced occupational sick pay
– Flexible working
If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Elisabete Miranda (Programme Lead) at email@example.com to arrange an informal telephone discussion.
You can apply either by completing our Application Form by clicking here and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application MUST DETAIL how you meet the points asked for in the person specification.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 8 June 2022.
Interviews will be held during the week of 13th June 2022.
Due to the nature of this post, a Disclosure & Barring Service search will be conducted on the successful applicant